I get File not found! No wonder it's invalid!
On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 18:27:34 -0700, Bruce Chambers
Steve Giannoni wrote:
Early in the boot process, I get a brief message: "Invalid BOOT.INI
file. Booting from C:\Windows\ ." displayed in the upper left corner.
P-IV system then boots apparently normally. Any info on this would be
greatly appreciated & thanks ...
From within WinXP, Start > Run > Msconfig, Boot.ini Tab > "Check
all Boot Paths." This should allow you to fix it.
You can also check it from the command prompt:
1) Click Start > Run, Type "Cmd" and then press
2) Type "Cd" and then press
3) Type "Attrib C:\Boot.ini -h -r -s" and then press
4) Click Start > Run, Type "Notepad c:\boot.ini" and then press
5) Edit the file, save it, and then exit Notepad.
6) Type "Attrib C:\Boot.ini +h +r +s" and then press
7) Close the command console.
It should look something like this, assuming you're not dual-booting and
have the normal configuration of partitions:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home"